The Green Sheet Online Edition
June 22, 2015 • Issue 15:06:02
Prevent, detect, report, protect
Company: Get Max Protection
Get Max Protection, based in Woodbridge, Va., created MaxProtection, a suite of services to help business owners and consumers transact safely and protect their data in an ever-changing, hyper-connected world.
The company pointed out the following MaxProtection features:
- Its programs are available as stand-alone services and as bundled, all-inclusive data protection programs that are compatible with all types of operating systems.
- Business owners and individual consumers can purchase the products directly online or through ISOs and merchant level salespeople at substantially discounted prices.
- Free trial offers available on the company's website enable people to test drive an array of products and services, including live scans that assess network security while identifying potential areas of vulnerability.
"MaxProtection gives businesses the opportunity to monitor, analyze, protect and prevent data security breaches with best-in-class security tools," said Susie Maxwell, President of Get Max Protection. When MaxProtection detects a data breach it can employ a range of remedial tools designed to reduce harmful or residual effects to business owners and consumers, she added.
Total data protection
No one can guarantee 100 percent protection against hackers or malicious attacks, but the MaxProtection plan combines a range of tools designed provide maximum cyber security to protect customers from unauthorized intrusions. It is also geared to provide financial assistance when data breaches occur.
"Businesses in general, trade associations and even insurance companies appreciate the four-step approach to the MaxProtection total service plan," said Jacques Breton, the company's Sales and Business Development Manager. He summarized the program's four levels of data protection as follows:
- Prevent: The critical first step in any effective data protection program is to fully scan all networks to identify any sensitive data that is being stored in the clear. Scans encompass PAN (primary account number), PII (personally identifiable information), and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) data.
- Detect: MaxProtection constantly monitors networks for suspicious activities and notifies customers of unusual patterns and suspicious activities. "Many retailers think that they have protection when all they really have is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard" (PCI DSS) compliance guidelines, Breton noted.
- Report: MaxProtection offers comprehensive reporting with detailed line item descriptions of detected locations and characteristics of exceptions and vulnerabilities. Insurance companies and third-party service providers do not typically show this level of detail in their reports.
"During the remediation process, many PCI service providers do not inform merchants exactly where they failed in their compliance; they just tell them that they failed," Breton said. He cited an example of customers who create vulnerabilities when they sync their smartphones to other computing devices. Informed merchants and consumers who know the precise location where sensitive data was discovered, such as a network drive, software program, file and subfolder, can self-correct and avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
When a data breach occurs, MaxProtection will file required reports with payment card brands, processors, and law enforcement officials.
- Protect: Many cyber security insurance plans have numerous exclusions in their security data breach policies. MaxProtection will pay up to $100,000 in fines, fees and auditing expenses associated with data security breaches. This service protects business assets while offering additional protection to customers.
On-demand services, partner program
MaxProtection also offers separate, on-demand PAN, PII, HIPAA and internal security scans. It recommends scanning at least once per quarter and sells scans in packages of four.
According to the company, qualified reseller partners can sell MaxProtection services to all merchants, even those that do not process credit cards, and the program is not subject to PCI compliance or connected to credit card acquiring. Partner program benefits reported include:
- Flexible end user billing options
- Multiple enrollment options
- No long-term contractual obligations
- Dedicated sales and marketing support
- Sales and marketing collateral
- Continuous training
The Green Sheet Inc. is now a proud affiliate of Bankcard Life, a premier community that provides industry-leading training and resources for payment professionals. Click here for more information.
Notice to readers: These are archived articles. Contact names or information may be out of date. We regret any inconvenience.